October 31, 2011

Indian Inspirations

Trick or Treat, Darlings?

I say Treat! Trending right now is the tribal look, and with Halloween upon us, I was more than inspired to become an Indian. And with me was my boyfriend, Nerd News Now's own Michael Bartley as my Cowboy. Creating my own costume was fun, but I was beyond inspired to create a new line of sketches based off my latest craze appropriately dubbed: Cowboys v Indians. You can see the start of my sketches below, darlings, and of course my own Indian costume.




Some possible fabric ideas.

How to get the Tribal/Indian look:
-feather jewelry
-fur accents (I liked this sweater from BCBGeneration)
-animal patterns (like my Kate Spade purse pictured below)
-geometric patterns or motifs
-moccasins
-fringe skirt or poncho
-primary color beads
-spirit animal (my was the jaguar)

How to get the Cowboy look:
-cowboy boots
-paisley kerchief
-pair of levi's
-cowboy hat
-riding gloves
-leather accents


Ok darlings, I have to fly for now, but I will include more in this post later, and how I was able to construct my own Spirit Hood, and how you can follow the steps to make one for less money!


Happy Halloween!
xx-Christine

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the namedrop! Nice post! It's really very awesome how you're able to make a beautiful costume out of materials! Congratulations on making your first ever 100%-Christine-Created Halloween costume!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very impressive...FYI I actually found your information on one of the link exchange sites and thought I would make it work for ya but then I saw your blog and am quite impressed! Mine is not quite as polished and pretty. http://craftymountainmama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails